Friday 20 April 2012

Together

Writing for 5 minutes this morning with Lisa-Jo over at the Gypsy Mama.  Click the button and join us!  Today's prompt is

Together

I find myself doing this journey with other mums who know the pain of a child with cancer.  We talk, we share stories, we pray together, we tell secrets - the ones about crying in the shower, but laughing with our children.  My son and daughter play together and the laughter is the best medicine in the world.  I hear the patter of feet and the giggles from the toddler who is here in this haven, next to the hospital where all the children go for treatment together.  God teaches me much in these days.  Being so far from home for these 2 months and this part of Jasmine's journey doesn't mean isolation and loneliness.  There is a strength in together. And the Big C doesn't mean Cancer,  doesn't even mean Cure, but it means Christ - who is central to all of this great big life and all happening in it.  I am grateful that He is sovereign over all things, and most grateful of all that I'm in this together with Him.  Solo brings one so low - but together is the beautiful harmony of life that God intended for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment