Friday 25 January 2013

Again

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for another 5 minute Friday.  What does your "again" look like today?

I put the kettle on again, make a cup of tea again, pack the lunches, wash the clothes, sweep the floors, make the dinner again.  The agains roll in to days of same and much of the time is taken without thinking about all these agains that make up the minutes.

Then there is a looming MRI again.  We will wake at 5am and she will eat or drink nothing and we will arrive at hospital for audiology, MRI, endocrinology and oncology.  Again.  

I love that most days, these days, her line up of her day doesn't read like that, we have breakfast again, school bell again, reading, recess, math, dance, play dates again.

And I can hold her and hug her and tell her I love her again and again and again and let all these days keep coming.

Today though, I'll spare a thought and say a prayer for those mums who are waking up to a dose of radiation again, to a chemo infusion again, to a morning trying to get 15 pills in to their child again, to a blood transfusion again, to a surgery again.

You and your child are brave and strong and courageous and you inspire me and I think about you, again, this day.


It's another 4 minutes but please take a moment to see a video of some of these brave children.   We met Campbell whilst in Boston when Jasmine was having proton radiation.  He is an awesome little guy and his mom is amazing.  This is a video of him and some of his friends....

http://vimeo.com/57321267

No comments:

Post a Comment